Monday, June 17, 2013

Peaceful Nights

Milky Way over Australia picture, a winner in the 2nd International Earth and Sky Photo Contest on Dark Skies ImportanceThe tree's swayed, and you could hear the leaves run against each other. On the hill, you could see all the cars at the red light, glittering like lighting bugs. The sun was setting, and it was getting darker, and darker every minute. The light was dipping down farther, and farther into the darkness of the night. I thought to myself, what a beautiful night. Laying out in the open, under the dazzling stars, I could hear the wind whisper in my ear. If I slowed my breath, I could hear the chirping of crickets, and frogs jumping into the water. If I breathed in deeply, I could smell all the wild flowers, and the fresh smell of grass, and as it got darker, and later, it turned to early in the morning. I lay on the grass that was now sprinkled with cool dew. Leaving would be hard, but its easier to leave, knowing that I can go again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment