Friday, July 26, 2013

Kansas city, mission trip.

I got back from my mission trip not to long ago, and I have to admit, it was better than I was expecting. We helped make the kids in the, old a run down, neighborhood have some fun, and we also had an adult block party, kids could come to, where we gave them groceries, and food. I felt so happy when I saw all the kids smiling, and laughing, and playing. I feel like we really made a difference.

On the last day, I was on the bouncy house duty, and the gate was locked so my whole group was waiting outside the gate. I decided to climb over the gate, I used to climb tree's when I was little, and sometimes our fence, so I didn't think it would be hard. I also forgot about how long my shorts were, since it was a rule for World Mpact, to have shorts that go to your knee's, ( I was wearing boy shorts. ) Well, I got to the top of the fence, and I jumped, what I didn't know though, was my shorts had not gotten all over the fence yet, ( the fence was just little black poles, not a really high fence either, and it wasn't really sharp or anything. ) So my shorts got caught on the fence pole, and I'm not all that tall, so I was dangling by my shorts, and thankfully I had white little shorts on under my long boy shorts, because it pulled my shorts all the way up, and almost everybody in my mission group saw it. My friends will probably never let me forget that, but I don't need reminded, I will never forget about that. ( Now I'm kind of afraid of fences. )

1 comment:

  1. It was a great trip and that WAS a memory I will never forget! It was hilarious! Now you have something to tell your grandchildren when you grow up :-) You do the funniest things!

    ReplyDelete